Tuesday 3 July 2012

X-Files marks the spot at London Film and Comic Con

This weekend I join legions of fanboys and girls at London Film and Comic Con, the annual celebration of TV, film and all things geeky pop culture organised by Showmasters. And as far as I'm concerned, this year is all about the 'I' in FBI...


extra terrestrial highway sign
Pic: taken by me in Nevada

Showmasters is bringing some X-Files legends to London for a weekend of autographs, photo sessions and talks: Gillian Anderson, Mitch Pileggi and Nicholas Lea, a.k.a Scully, Skinner and Krycek. It's David Duchovny by proxy! *

But rather than tell you the things I'll try not to do when I meet these fandom heroes of mine, I thought I'd predict the things I will do or see at the weekend.

1. I'll wear my FBI cap at some point
I bought it in Washington last year and I need to pay homage to the X-Files basecamp during the event. But I won't be wearing it during autograph or photo sessions, because I want to appear as normal as possible.

2. I'll swoon a bit at Mitch Pileggi
He's a fox! And he's also played grampa Winchester in Supernatural! I need to make sure I don't grin like a lunatic in our photo...

3. I'll buy Mulder's 'I want to believe' poster that got wrecked when I was at university
I've never replaced it, but always wanted to. I expect every dealer in the hall will be selling them.

4. My sister will be taller than Gillian Anderson
My sis is a little short so I'm hoping she gets the rare opportunity to stand next to someone shorter than her for a photo. She usually nestles in the shoulder area, which isn't a bad thing when you're with Nathan Fillion, but I'd like her to feel tall for a change.

5. There will be Mulder/Scully lookalikes galore
I really hope the hall is full of lookalikes running around with their powerful torches searching for the truth. Even better if there are some Lone Gunmen lurking in the shadows. But if I see black oil oozing from anyone I'm making a run for it, with or without my sister.


* FYI other amazing guests are available at the event. Check out the London Film and Comic Con site for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...