Tuesday 1 November 2011

5 things I can't do at the Chevron 7.7 convention this week


I’m getting my geek on at the Chevron 7.7 Stargate convention this weekend, having booked as soon as Ben Browder was announced as the headline guest. Ben is best known as the delightfully leather-clad John Crichton in Farscape, but he also popped across verses to appear in the last two seasons of Stargate SG:1.

Pic by me: stalker-view of Ben at a previous convention

Unfortunately, Ben has cancelled his appearance at the Massive Events convention, which is a shame but not something you can control when you book a ticket.

Here are 5 things I won’t get the opportunity to do at the convention:

1. Ask him why he isn’t wearing leather pants (and mention how nice his arse is).*
2. Call him Crichton by mistake. Or scream it to his face ("Criiiiiiichtonnnnnnn!").*
3. Ask him if he’s read any Crichton/D’Argo slash fiction, and could he recommend any to me.* ** 
4. Demand that he whip out Winona for me to see.*
5. Yell “For frell’s sake!” very loudly at him during a nice conversation.*

Massive Events have secured replacement guests to make up for Ben, which will hopefully wipe the tears of disappointment from my fangirl face. I’m still hoping that at least one person is in Scorpius cosplay though, as I think that would be freakishly awesome.And just the right amount of inappropriate.


*I clearly wouldn’t have actually done these things, just so you know. 
** I'm not a slash fiction fan but I have no problem with others enjoying the genre, as long as they don't read it aloud to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...