Here are a few things we learnt from their hour in the Austin Convention Centre.
|Mindy, Ike and Adam at SXSW14 (Pic by me)|
- Mindy Kaling can tweet something in 17 seconds.
- Twitter isn't something Mindy considers a serious part of work, it's really just a bit of fun for her: "It's mostly just for me to tease my writing staff."
- Collaboration is the fun part of writing the show: "It's like having really creative conversations with your funniest friends."
- Mindy has a "singular crazy Richard Nixon-like focus" when it comes to her career.
|Mindy Kaling (Pic by me)|
- Ike Barinholtz is a great mimic, his impressions of President Obama and Chris Messina are flawless.
- Ike on Mindy as a boss: "Rules with an iron fist, but sometimes in that fist is a rose."
- One look from Chris Messina can make you say "Let's make love" (according to Ike).
|Ike Barinholtz, not about to punch someone (Pic by me)|
- Adam Pally "has bro qualities" similar to those of his character on The Mindy Project. This was proven immediately by him greeting a guy at the question mic with "S'up bro?!"
- Adam shamelessly attempted to woo the crowd by flattering everyone who asked a question: "I think it's important to remember that I loved your question."
|Adam Pally, professional bro (Pic by me)|
After the chat on stage Mindy Kaling spent a few hours in the Roku Player lounge taking some more questions and meeting/greeting fans. The highlight of this session, apart from meeting her in person, was this delicious quote that has so far got me over 750 notes on Tumblr:
SXSW continues for the rest of this week, and I'm exhausted. More updates coming shortly.