Tuesday 22 October 2013

"Twin Peaks Bob couch"

I've been (very) slowly making my way through Twin Peaks thanks to LOVEFiLM and everything was going well until last night.






I've entered into this journey through the twisted town of Twin Peaks with the spoiler knowledge of who killed Laura Palmer. I know how the story ends but I don't know how it gets there. I've been coping with the weirdness, the dark underbelly of the town and the occasional Giant invading Agent Dale Cooper's dreams to give him clues about the case. So far so David Lynch and the kind of on-screen insanity I can cope with.

Skip to last night and after a few glasses of wine I decided to get two more episodes under my belt. And then there was a Bob moment that scared the crap out of me.

Laura's cousin Maddy, who looks like Laura's twin with a different hair style, is sitting alone on the floor of the living room after an impromptu/bizarre singing session with Donna and James. The camera goes wide to show her view of the entire room and at the far end we see a man walk very slowly into frame. We know it's Bob. He turns and looks straight down the camera at Maddy (and at us), climbs over the sofa and hurls himself at her (and at us). Maddy screams and Bob is gone. And I need a clean pair of shorts.

If you think you can take it, here's the scene below. All I did was search "Twin Peaks Bob couch". David Lynch you evil evil genius.




4 comments:

  1. OMG!! I had to close my eyes, and my palms have gone all sweaty!! I missed out on Twin Peaks when it aired originally, think I was a year or two too young. I may have to rectify that, but I'm not watching it alone!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't watch it the first time around either, I've been trying to get through it all via Lovefilm. I need to start watching it in the daylight though, and followed by something inane and not at all scary.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's amazing and I love it so much, but I think it may be the most terrifying thing I've ever watched. And I'm only a few episodes into season 2!

      Delete

Please keep it clean!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...