Thursday 17 May 2012

Reasons to get your geek on at Kapow Comic Con

This weekend I'll be assembling with the geeks at Kapow Comic Convention in London. But I'm not a comic book geek, so what's in it for me?




Pic: taken by me at Comic Con 2010

Being surrounded by geeks like me 
There's nothing like standing in a room with no natural light surrounded by people who will understand every geeky reference you could ever make. It's like coming home.

Lots and lots and lots of merchandise
One reason I love conventions is the merchandise. A convention is like a giant freakish supermarket with row after row of things you don't need but you really really want. I'm on the hunt for something Avengers related (Hulk fists!) as well as something nice for my sister who can't come and geek out with me.

Sneak peeks at films 
Exclusive content is what convention-goers want, and events like Kapow help spread the word about upcoming films to people like me who will tweet/facebook/blog until their fingers bleed. I'm particularly excited about watching footage from The Amazing Spiderman and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.


Seeing famous faces
Conventions live and die by the guests they attract, and Kapow has a great line up to satisfy the comic book geeks as well as the TV/film fans like me. I'm looking forward to Nick Frost, Russel Tovey, Rufus Sewell and Peter Serafinowicz... if I make it into the panels I queue for.

Standing in queues
Believe it or not this is something I love about conventions. The queue is a necessary part of your experience and a test of your loyalty and dedication to the fandom you've come to worship. Anyone who complains about long queues can just frak off in my opinion.


Pic: taken by me at Comic Con 2010

Kapow Comic Convention is at the Business Design Centre in Islington on 19-20 May 2012. Come and get your geek on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...