Wednesday 28 December 2011

2011 - my geeky year in review

It's that time of year when we feel compelled to look back and ponder what the point of the last 365 days has been. Thankfully, 2011 has been full of memorable geeky moments for me.




2011 was the year...

... I met Richard Dean Anderson, the mullet-wearing icon from MacGyver and the man who put the star into Stargate SG:1. He's filled out (a lot) since he quit telly but he was charming and had some great stories to tell.

... I met David Tennant and managed to stay calm and composed. It was very very VERY difficult not to squee like a typical fangirl or do any of these things.

... I saw Glee live with my niece and swooned at the glorious talents of The Warblers. Boys in blazers clearly have some sort of appeal for me.

... I discovered Being Human and Misfits and added them to my fandom box. Then I cried when George staked Mitchell and when Nathan got locked in a Las Vegas prison.

... Fringe totally messed with my head in the season 3 finale when Peter was erased from existence. "WTF?!" didn't cover it.

...Chuck cast and crew made us cry at Comic Con when Zachary Levi thanked fans for supporting the show, and even more when they wrapped season five and the entire series on December 7. Twitter errupted with equal amounts of sadness and thanks.

Thank you 2011 for being particularly amazing. But not as amazing as this picture of me in a Captain America helmet.

Pic: Yes, this is me. Sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...