Tuesday 3 April 2012

One reason to watch ... The Cabin in the Woods (2012)

One reason to watch The Cabin in the Woods - you need to discover the secret for yourself.





Pic courtesy of Film First Media

I'd really like to tell you all about The Cabin in the Woods, but I can't.

You probably know the basics, since the title spells it out for you. You're probably trying to figure out how Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard have subverted the classic teen horror story to bring us something new. And you're probably wondering how many Whedonverse faces you'll see or how many Evil Dead references are lurking in the background.

I can't comment on any of that, but I can say that I really enjoyed finding out. There's enough gore to keep the horror fans satisfied and plenty of good script to keep the Whedon fans happy. And as you'd expect from anything Joss touches, there are gut-wrenching moments (pun only slightly intended) when the comedy and killing reveals something far more horrific about humanity.

And speaking of horrific, I don't think I've seen such a bloodbath since River Tam went crazy with an axe at the end of Serenity. A Reaver attack has nothing on this film.

The Cabin in the Woods is released on Friday 13 April - thanks Show Film First for the advanced preview.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...